Sustainability is, and always will be, an integral part of our business.
As a leading manufacturer and supplier to some of the UK’s biggest retailers, we are acutely aware of our environmental impact and are striving to continually make improvements to our practices.
We have ISO 9001 accredited quality management systems in place, keeping our commitment to work with our employees, suppliers and customers towards a greener, more sustainable world.
“We believe being green means respecting the environment. We are fully committed to reusing and recycling materials to minimise our environmental impact.”Jason Leslie, Founder and Chairman of UK POS
We make every effort to reduce the carbon footprint of our business through the efficient design of our buildings.
- Our factory is fitted with roof skylights, which reduce the need for daylight lighting.
- We have installed Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) compliant lighting and air-conditioning systems in our offices.
- We have installed an EV charging point so our employees can conveniently charge their electric vehicles.
We are actively working towards being ISO 14001 certified for our environmental management systems.
We audit the ethical record of suppliers before entering into any agreements, as part of our rigorous supplier selection process. We also work with our suppliers to continually monitor their waste output, energy usage and use of technology.
Our warehouse and production systems are among the most energy efficient available, but we are always continuing to maximise efficiencies in all areas of the business.
We have now achieved 97% manufacturing efficiency.
Our precise cutting systems ensure that the amount of waste material produced during manufacturing is dramatically reduced, meaning that we can fully utilise our raw materials. Any waste material we do produce, which cannot be re-used, is recycled.
We use biodegradable plastic bags to package a selection of our most fragile products, in order to reduce our usage of single use plastics.
- The biodegradable plastic requires less energy and produces less carbon dioxide during production compared to standard plastic.
- The bags are compostable when disposed of in an industrial composter.
- The biodegradable plastic does not release harmful chemicals while decomposing.
We use cardboard boxes and paper tape to package our products, both of which are recyclable materials. Paper tape is much stronger than standard plastic tape and is also tamper evident, so cannot be reapplied once a parcel has been opened. The paper infill we use to protect fragile items during transit is 100% biodegradable and is made using recycled material.
Each order is carefully checked before leaving our warehouse to analyse if we are using the appropriate amount of protective packaging, with the least impact on the environment and the least CO2 emissions during delivery.
Working with acrylic
Acrylic is one of the easiest plastics to reuse or recycle, making it such a useful material for POS display products.
- It is lightweight, which lowers carbon dioxide emissions during transportation.
- It can withstand wear and tear for long periods of time, therefore reducing the need for more plastic production to make replacements.
- Acrylic can be recycled back to its raw state of monomer, unlike many other plastics.
Working with wood
Wood is an increasingly popular material due to its natural properties and rustic look, but needs to be sourced responsibly.
We are accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), an organisation which requires us to meet specific standards before a product can be marked as eco-friendly.
Our FSC certified products are made from wood that is sourced from sustainable forests, ensuring that your purchase has no negative effect on the environment.
Browse our environmentally-conscious product ranges
As well as manufacturing responsibly, we like to offer products that help our customers make more eco-conscious choices. We have recently introduced a range of zero waste dispensers, which encourage retail shoppers to bring their own shopping bags and reduce excess waste within stores.
We always encourage our customers to reuse or recycle our acrylic and wooden products responsibly when the products are no longer in use or needed.